Today, we are preparing for family coming to visit at the end of the week. I am putting up the end of the year meme now in case I don't have much time to do it while the family is here.
I really hope everyone had a great Christmas!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Attempted to buy a house. Hopefully by next year’s meme I will be saying I bought one! It’s been a series of incidents trying to get it sorted.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any for the year but I have a few for next year. Basically, it is to sort my life out. To get a new job, a new place, my driving test, lose weight and make some other friends.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
There were no babies but there will be next year!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I lost my great aunt this year. She had dementia so it was a blessing for a very active woman. She used to love cooking for everyone when they came to visit. I always got spoiled rotten when we went over to England and visited her.
5. What countries did you visit?
England - Oxford and London.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Happiness and certainity
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are a number of days. The worst was the day I got frog marched out of work. It is something I will never forget.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a mortgage.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my job, losing the house, losing people. Idk their has been a lot of crap.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Repetitive strain injury, it flared up at various times over the year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My car! I love my baby.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My family. I don’t know what I would have done without them.
13. Whose behavior appalled and depressed you?
14. Where did most of your money go?
A lot of house stuff!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The Hobbit! Game of Thrones Con!
16. What songs will always remind you of 2012?
Nickleback’s album. A lot of the songs on it have been my soundtrack to the year.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? I’m not sure. About the same, I’m sad about different things.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. Richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had been more proactive. I spent a lot of the year waiting for things to happen when I should have seized control and pushed.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Focusing on the wrong things.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my mum and dad. We had a lovely chilled out Christmas day together.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
23. How many one-night stands?
It ain’t my style.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
There have been too many good books this year. I think I will say the new Percy Jackson book - Mark of Athena. I nearly bubbled over waiting for it.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
This question is suspended until next year.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Hobbit. It has to be it! I’ve waited for this film for a very long time!
30. What is your favourite new food?
Prune, carrot and pork casserole.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 27. The cool thing was going out with friends a few days later to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in the ground of City Hall.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Still being in my job.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Comfy clothes - jeans, flat shoes and t-shirts
34. What kept you sane?
lol, I don’t think anything did.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Errrrrm. Hugh Jackman.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Whom did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t really meet any new people that have made an impression on my life.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Even when things are at their worst, there is always a way to make some of it better.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I don’t have one this year.